I suggest you ...

Privacy Settings for Individual Assets

I have some assets in my brand folder that need to be kept private, while there are others I would like to make public for my affiliates. The ability to manage privacy settings for individual assets instead of the brand folder as a whole would be extremely useful.

19 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AaronAaron shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Troy JenningsAdminTroy Jennings (Admin, Brandfolder) responded  · 

With Collections, you can now pick and choose which assets you want to keep obscured from public view and which ones you want to share with the world. A Collection’s privacy can be toggled to make it for private or public use.

Check out our articles on Collections in our knowledgebase for more information.

http://help.brandfolder.com/knowledgebase/articles/745443-how-to-use-collections-to-manage-your-assets

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sara Vilas SantiagoSara Vilas Santiago commented  · 

Hey Paul,

I also run into this issue. I can give you a very easy example: I'm creating templates for documents related to HR. These documents should not be accessible for everyone at the company - much less publicly.

I do agree that the product should be kept simple - as it is. But also adding value. So I think a nice way of adding this feature and keeping it still simple would be to add permissions to the sections. That way, I could have my "HR" section and give access only to the HR team members. Together with this, I think user groups should be supported to make it as easy and simple as possible. If I can set a "HR" group, when adding / deleting users on that group, they will automatically be added to that group.

Keep rocking this awesome product! :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base