Please visit Set up your Content Automation brand in the Smartsheet Help Center. Starting December 29, 2023 the Brandfolder Knowledge Base will only live on Smartsheet Help.
This article applies to the following Content Automation permission levels:
|❌ Contributor||❌ Author||✅ Admin||❌ Designer|
A brand system is a design management tool within Content Automation. It's where you can define your logos, colors, typography, and anything necessary to your brand. The brand system then codifies those values for developers to use in design systems, applications, websites, and templates.
How to set up your brand system
To set up your brand in Content Automation:
- Head to Settings > Brand System.
- Switch to Colors, Logos, Typography, or Tokens in the sub-menu, depending on the brand element you want to set up first.
To add colors to your brand system:
- Select New Color. If you previously had colors in the your brand area, choose Import from Account Settings.
- Give the color a name.
- Enter the HEX, RBG, or CMYK value for your color. HEX and RGB always reference the same color. But you can choose to unlink CMYK and add your values if desired.
- Enter the SPOT value if known.
- Select Finish editing after adding all colors.
To organize brand colors into color palettes:
- Select New palette.
- Select New color. Give the palette a name.
- Choose the existing color you'd like to add to your palette. If you select the wrong color, remove it from the palette by choosing the ellipses (⋯) next to the color, followed by Delete.
- If you'd like to re-order colors, click and drag the 6-dot icon next to the color name.
- Select Finish editing after adding all color palettes.
To add logos to your brand system:
- Ensure your logos have been uploaded to the account asset library. Then head back to Account Settings > Brand System > Logos.
- Select New logo set.
- Give the logo set a name.
- Select New logo.
- Give the logo a name.
- Select Change.
- Search for the logo you previously uploaded/checked in the asset library in step 1.
- Choose which background the logo should be displayed on white, grey, or black.
- Confirm Finish editing after adding all logos.
To add a typeface to your brand system:
- Choose Typeface.
- Give the typeface a name.
- Select Add source.
- Enter the Font CDN link or specify the name of your digitally accessible and web-ready fonts.
- Set a fallback font if applicable to this font.
- Specify if a different font needs to be used for this font when the document is a web or email export.
- Confirm Finish editing after adding all fonts.
To add your type scale:
- Select New type scale.
- Give the type scale a name.
- Specify type scale details, including size (rem), font weight, line height, letter spacing, and rich treatments like underlining or italics.
- Confirm Finish editing after adding all type scales.
To add tokens to your brand system:
- Select New token type.
- Give the token type a name. Token types are a way to group similar tokens.
- Select Add set.
- Give the set a name. Token sets are a way to group tokens within a type.
- Then select Add token.
- Enter token details - name, key, and value. The name can be used as a way to identify a token quickly. The key is the shorthand developers can use to reference the token. And the value is the token information.
- Confirm Finish editing.