How do I organize assets into sections?
Sections appear across the top of your Brandfolder and Collections.They are the broadest way of organizing assets in Brandfolder and are commonly used to separate assets by their category, type, or purpose. For example, a single Files section might be too broad, making it harder to find specific types of images. Instead, you might create one section called Product Shots and one called Event Images to keep these types of assets separate and easier to find.
Sections allow you to provide more refinement, organization, and customization beyond the standard sections of a Brandfolder. For example, you might create:
- a People-based section named Leadership Team
- a File-based section named Product Shots
- a File-based section named Sales Sheets
- a File-based section named Presentations
- an Information-based section named About Us
- an External Media-based section named Product Videos
- a File-based section named Fonts where you upload raw font files not available in the Web Fonts section
- To edit and customize your sections click the "pencil/paper" icon to the left. Only Admins can customize sections.
- Here you can drag/drop the order of your sections, add new sections and remove any sections that aren't applicable.
Pro Tip: If you have many different sections, you (the admin) can change your settings so that your sections appear as a drop-down menu. To do this, go to your Settings -> General Settings -> Display Sections As -> click on "Dropdown". Make sure to refresh your page for these changes to be applied.
Note: When adding new sections you MUST select the asset type from the drop-down menu. The most common asset type will be "Files" which is anything you are uploading into the platform that users can then download.