How do I organize assets into sections?
Sections appear across the top of your Brandfolder and Collections.
Sections allow you to provide more refinement, organization, and customization beyond the standard sections of a Brandfolder. For example, you might create:
- a People-based section named Leadership Team
- a File-based section named Product Shots
- a File-based section named Sales Sheets
- a File-based section named Presentations
- an Information-based section named About Us
- an External Media-based section named Product Videos
- a File-based section named Fonts where you upload raw font files not available in the Web Fonts section
- To add your sections click the pencil/paper icon to the left. Only Admins can customize sections.
- To add a new section click on the + Add a new section button.
- You will then need to give the new section a name, and you MUST select the asset type from the drop-down menu. The most common asset type will be "Files" which is anything you are uploading into the platform that users can then download. Once these two fields are complete, click + Add Section.
- Your new section will now appear with other sections, select Save at the bottom of the screen.
- To edit a section you will click the pencil/paper icon.
- To the left of each section is a move to button and a pencil/paper button. The move to button allows you to reposition the sections in a different order. The pencil/paper button allows you to rename the section.
- To the right of each section is a trash can button. Clicking on this will remove or delete a section.
- After using each function you will want to click the save button.
Pro-Tip: If you have many different sections, you (the admin) can change your settings so that your sections appear as a drop-down menu. To do this, go to your Settings > General Settings > Display Sections As > click on Dropdown. Make sure to refresh your page for these changes to be applied.