Custom Fields provide a more controlled taxonomy tool by adding key/value pairs to your assets. Custom Fields keys can either be controlled by admins, or added freely by admins/collaborators.
How do I set up Controlled Custom Fields?
1. Go to the Settings button in the top right corner and select General Settings.
2. Select the Advanced Tab. Ensure that Control Custom Fields is Enabled.
3. Select the Custom Fields tab.
4. Set up Field names and Values. Leaving a value empty will allow users to input whatever they would like.
5. Once you have set up the fields and values and you select Update Custom Fields, assets can then be tagged with the Custom Fields either
- Individually by clicking into the asset and selecting Edit Asset.
- In bulk by selecting multiple assets and selecting Tag.
7. Custom Fields will appear below an asset as seen below
1. If controlled custom fields are enabled on the Brandfolder, all Custom Field keys will be displayed and the user can select the values from a dropdown.
2. If the Custom Field key has restricted values, the values will appear in a dropdown. Otherwise, they will have a text input.
3. Clicking on the values for a Custom Field will allow the user to rename/delete the values in bulk.
4. It takes a minute to process, so bulk operations may not be immediately available.