The Wordpress Integration allows you to quickly grab assets from your Brandfolders to be used in Pages and Posts. Do note that the plugin has been built out for the Gutenberg editor.
How do I install the Wordpress Plugin?
- You can find our plugin at wordpress.org/plugins/brandfolder or by simply searching for it while logged in to the admin side of your own Wordpress.
- Once installed, create a new Page/Post to add your assets to.
- Add a Block to the Page/Post and click on the Brandfolder icon.
- A new block will be created. To choose an asset from your Brandfolder click on pick asset.
- If this is your first time using the plugin you will need to put in your API key to access your assets. Your unique API key can be found here.
5. Your Brandfolder content will appear. The integration panel allows you to navigate your content just like you would within the Brandfolder by visiting the different levels of the Brandfolder hierarchy (Organizations, Brandfolders, and Collections).
6. Once you are at the Brandfolder or Collection level you have a few options to narrow down your content.
- You are able to filter by section by clicking on the arrow accordion to the left of the show attachments toggle.
- You can filter by custom fields, tags, etc by clicking on the filters button to the left of the search bar.
- You can search for assets by inputting different search syntaxes into the search bar. Various search syntaxes are outlined in the Searching in Brandfolder Knowledge Base article.
7. You can also view asset details by hovering over the asset, clicking the ellipses, and selecting view asset details.
8. Finally, navigate to the asset you would like to add by clicking on the image.
9. The attachment has now been successfully embedded in your post!
10. If you need to replace the asset in that block with another you will want to click on pick another asset.
- The plugin supports the following file types: JPG, PNG, GIF, MP4 and MOV.
- A message like the one below will appear for not supported file types.
- The plugin will not work on the classic Wordpress editor. It has been built out for the Gutenberg editor.
- The plugin leverages Brandfolder’s smart CDN functionality, so any changes made to the asset in Brandfolder will propagate to your Wordpress sites as well!
If you have additional questions about this plugin please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.