When creating sections for assets to live within, an asset type will need to be selected. Brandfolder has 7 different types of assets.
Files (Images, Videos, etc.)
People (Can be utilized for headshots for team members)
External Media (Links to external sources like Youtube videos, Google slides, etc.)
Text/Information (mission/vision statements, brand standards, customer testimonials, text assets to choose from in a template, etc.)
Press/Links (Links to outside websites, press releases, etc.)
Web Fonts (Select your brand web fonts)
Colors (Input your brand's colors using HEX, RGB, or CMYK)
- Press/Links asset types will not automatically generate a thumbnail. You can create a thumbnail for these assets by navigating to the Edit tab in the asset modal. Then select Advanced and the option to upload a custom asset thumbnail will appear.
- Text/Information assets will not include asset thumbnails but will automatically reveal the text instead.
- In order to move assets, the same asset type must exist in another section. For example, if you want to move colors you will have to have another section that houses color asset types. You can't move a color asset into a section that houses the file asset type. If you attempt to move an asset without another section that houses that asset type you will receive a message stating "Unable to move this asset within this Brandfolder. There are no eligible sections to receive these assets."
- For uploading raw font files you will want to upload them into a section that hosts files asset types not a web fonts section. Web font type sections are strictly for linking to external web fonts.
What is NOT counted as an asset?
- The links you put in under the name of your Brandfolder are not counted as assets. Feel free to link off to as many related websites and social profiles as you wish!
- Different file formats of an asset added as an "attachment" do not count against your asset count. For example, if you add a logo and then include additional file formats as attachments to that logo, they do not count against your asset count.
- Our Brandfolder has 74 assets. As you can see, we have multiple versions of our logos stacked together and 11 links up top, neither of which are included in the 74 assets.