What are tags?
Tagging is one of the fundamental steps to organizing your assets in Brandfolder and is one of our best practices. Tagging facilitates organization, discovery, search, and filtering of your assets for both you and your users. Use tags as fine-grained refinements for searching and filtering capabilities. You can then leverage pinned tags to create reusable filters for commonly used assets.
How do I tag assets in Bulk?
In the following steps, we'll show you how to tag assets in bulk. That being said, you can also perform the same actions on an individual asset.
1. Select the assets you want to tag by selecting them via the bulk selector checkbox.
2. Select "Tag" from the Bulk Actions menu.
4. Continue entering new tags and then select the "Save" button to finish.
How do I edit tags?
Editing tags can be done from both the individual asset and in bulk: the action is the same in both cases.
- Search for the tag you wish to edit.
- Click into any asset and then click the tag on the asset (this will pull up a very specific search syntax in the search bar for only assets tagged with that exact term).
- Hit CTRL+SHIFT+A to select all visible assets.
- Choose "Tag" from the Bulk Actions bar in the bottom right.
- Double click into the tag you wish to edit, make your edits then hit TAB.
- Select "Save".
How do I remove a tag?
Removing tags can be done from both the individual asset and in bulk; the action is the same in both cases. We'll be showing you how to remove tags in bulk.
- Select the asset(s) you want to remove tags from.
- Select "Tag" from the Bulk Actions bar in the bottom right.
- Click on the tags you would like to remove and hit delete, backspace or by choosing the "x" inside the tag.