Getting Started with Brandguide:
- Go to https://brandguide.brandfolder.com/
- Your Brandfolder (BF) accounts are automatically set up in the Brandguide portal, so click on the Log In button at the top right of the screen. Log in with your BF credentials.
The first page you will see is what we call your “dashboard”. This is where the Brandguides you have created or have access to will be listed.
NOTE: Currently, only a single user can edit an existing Brandguide. If you create a Brandguide for a client, edit rights are reserved for your credentials only. If someone else needs to edit it, we will need to add them as a user on our end. For this reason, we recommend that the person who is building the Brandguide (BG) be the one to create it with their own credentials.
- Your Brandguide will be published at https://brandguide.brandfolder.com/[BG Name]/brandstory
Your tool bar is in the upper right where you can:
- Adjust the styling: font size, font type, colors, favicon image and also find advanced styles at the bottom
- Dashboard (back to first page)
- Preview as external user
You can start by clicking into any of the text fields to edit, adding “sections” which will fill the page, and adding “pages” that will be listed on the right hand side.
Click “New Section” and “Add Section”. You will then have the ability to choose the section content from the 3 options below and then click “Select”:
When adding an image to a section you first upload the image from Brandfolder, your desktop etc. If you would like it also available for download from the Brandguide you can upload it again.
Here is an example of what it could look like after making some edits:
Other edits you can make using the tools below the title of the section:
-Adjust size of any image uploaded
-Align copy left, center, right
-Adjust background color for that section
-Move section up or down using the arrow bar
Edits you can make via “gear icon”/Basic Settings in upper right:
-Adjust Title of page font size/font type
-Adjust subheader fonts (titles of sections)
-Adjust body (copy) font size
-Add a Favicon (at bottom of settings page)
- Save each section as you create it or edit it
- On the left is your navigation:
- You can put a static logo in the top left
- You can add and edit pages
- On the right is the body of each page:
- You can add and edit titles, body text, and image
-Within text, you can add links, bullets, numbering, and adjust the styling of the text. Note that the fonts and colors used are stored in the "styles" section at the top right of the tool, not within each section.
-You can change the size of the image as well
-"Preview" at any time in the top right of the page