Please visit Bulk management custom fields in the Smartsheet Help Center. Starting December 29, 2023 the Brandfolder Knowledge Base will only live on Smartsheet Help.
The custom fields bulk management page allows you to rename, prioritize, or delete Custom Field keys and values belonging to your assets. Navigate to Settings > Bulk Management > Custom Fields to see this page.
On this page you have the ability to
- Search custom field keys
- Filter custom fields by language
- Sort custom fields by Name, Asset Count, Value Count, Priority, and Preferred Order
This page includes a table with columns that allow you to
- See all of your custom field keys
- See the # of Values associated with each of your keys.
- See how many assets are associated with it by referencing the # of assets column.
- Set up to 5 Prioritized custom fields.
- Update the name by using the pencil icon.
- Delete values from multiple assets at once by using the trash can icon.
Custom field sort order
This feature lets you define the order in which custom fields are displayed in the asset modal and guest upload links.
- Go to the Sort by dropdown and select Preferred Order.
- Drag and drop your custom fields into your preferred order.
Custom fields prioritization
Prioritized custom fields are a way for Brandfolder admins to indicate which custom fields are the most important for end users. Prioritized custom fields display in grid/list view at the Brandfolder and Collection level and in contact sheets. The prioritized custom fields will also appear as filters in the advanced filters drawer.
- Toggle on prioritized next to the custom field key you want to select. Only 5 custom fields can be prioritized.
- At the Brandfolder or Collection level navigate to View Options.
- Toggle on Show custom fields.
Removing multi-value custom fields
- From the # Values column select the value next to the key you want to clear.
- A new page will appear.
- Select the red trash can icon next to each value you want to delete.
Once this process is complete at Settings > General Settings > Custom Fields you can deselect allow multiple values.
Dependent custom fields
The dependency tab is where you set up cascading custom field relationships.
Learn more about the dependency tab on the Custom Field Bulk Management page.