Metadata Conversions in Bulk Management allows you to generate Custom Fields or Tags based on embedded metadata from each asset’s first attachment. This heightens the searchability of these potentially important terms for users.
Admins and Owners can see this page by navigating to Settings > Bulk Management > Metadata Conversions tab.
Creating a Metadata Conversion
1. Select the + Create New button in the top right hand corner.
2. Select the type of conversion as either a tag or custom field along with the metadata field to convert.
3. Select Create Conversion.
The metadata conversion will apply to assets that have been uploaded after the conversion was successfully created.
In the metadata conversions chart a user can see
- The Embedded Metadata Field
- What the field is Converted to.
- Edit each conversion by using the pencil icon
- Delete conversions using the trash can icon.
To apply metadata conversions to existing assets you will need to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org