Access your Brandfolder of approved digital assets in Figma to easily build on-brand designs. After completing your design, publish the final product as a new asset in Brandfolder without leaving Figma.
Setting up the Integration
The Figma integration for Brandfolder can be found by searching within Figma's Community tab or from the direct link here.
Navigating the Integration
1. Once installed, the plugin can be found under the Plugins section of the menu. Once prompted, use the API key from the Integrations section of the user profile, found here.
2. Once your API key is inputted, you will be brought to your Brandfolder organization within the panel. The integration panel allows you to navigate your content just like you would within the Brandfolder by visiting the different levels of the Brandfolder hierarchy (Organizations, Brandfolders, and Collections).
3. Once you are at the Brandfolder or Collection level you have a few options to narrow down your content.
- You are able to filter by section by clicking on the arrow accordion to the left of the show attachments toggle.
- You can filter by custom fields, tags, etc by clicking on the filters button to the left of the search bar.
- You can search for assets by inputting different search syntaxes into the search bar. Various search syntaxes are outlined in the Searching in Brandfolder Knowledge Base article.
4. You can also view asset details by hovering over the asset, clicking the ellipses, and selecting view asset details.
1. Once you have found your asset, hover over it and select View details.
2. Then click on the ellipses menu and select place. If an asset has multiple attachments, individual attachments can be selected for use. Do note: Incompatible file types will default to png format when they are placed.
Importing Assets into Nodes
1. Create a node for the asset to be added to.
2. Repeat steps 1 and 2 from the importing assets section of this article. The asset will then appear within the node.
1. Select the assets you want to export to Brandfolder.
2. Navigate to the section within the panel where you would like your assets to be uploaded to.
3. Choose Upload selections.
4. Select Upload [Number] files. Do note you can also edit the attachment names by selecting the pencil icon next to each asset.
5. An upload success message should appear.
If you have any questions on the Figma integration please contact firstname.lastname@example.org