Access assets from Brandfolder directly through Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Request the link to the plugin from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once received, select the program you would like to open the application in (either Word or PowerPoint)
- The selected program will then open automatically, navigate to the Insert tab and select the Brandfolder Icon in the upper right-hand corner.
When prompted, input your API key and click submit. The API key can be found when you are logged into Brandfolder: https://brandfolder.com/profile#integrations
- Your Brandfolder content will appear. The integration panel allows you to navigate your content just like you would within the Brandfolder by visiting the different levels of the Brandfolder hierarchy (Organizations, Brandfolders, and Collections).
4. Once you are at the Brandfolder or Collection level you have a few options to narrow down your content.
- You can search for assets by inputting different search syntaxes into the search bar. Various search syntaxes are outlined in the Searching in Brandfolder Knowledge Base article.
- You can click on the pin icon in the search bar to utilize pinned searches.
- You can filter by asset status, tags, file types, custom fields, orientation, SKU, and upload date by clicking on the filter button below the search bar.
- You can search by labels by clicking on the label button next to the Filter button.
- You are able to filter by section or collection by clicking on the arrow accordion to the left of All Sections or Collections.
5. You can view asset details by hovering over the asset, clicking the ellipses, and selecting view asset details.
5. To make adjustments to the asset, from this view scroll to the bottom and click on the actual attachment.
6. This will open a new area. Click on the More Options button to adjust the width and height, place the image, crop the image or copy the CDN Embed Link.
7. Selecting place through the directions above or by hovering over the asset and selecting place will bring the asset into the document.
For IT teams that would like to deploy the Brandfolder Office Plugin throughout their organization, you can use the following information to do so.
Manifest URL for Deploy Add-In location:
This add-on works in: PowerPoint 2013 or later, PowerPoint 2016 for Mac, PowerPoint 2016 or later, PowerPoint Online, Word 2013 or later, Word 2016 for Mac, Word 2016 or later, Word Online
- Copy/paste to replace is not supported in Office 365 (cloud)
- Drag/drop is not supported in Office 365 (cloud), but you can still click on the attachment you want or click “place” at the asset level
If you don't have the above, try using Office Online.