Please visit Google SSO in the Smartsheet Help Center. Starting December 29, 2023 the Brandfolder Knowledge Base will only live on Smartsheet Help.
Configuring Google SSO:
- Log into your Google G Suite Admin account, and navigate to Apps > Web and mobile apps.
- Select Add app > Add custom SAML app.
- This will open the App details page, enter:
- App name = Brandfolder (can be another name of your choice)
- Description = optional field
- App icon = optional field; Brandfolder logo can be downloaded from brandfolder.com/brandfolder
- Select Continue to go to the Google Identity Provider details page.
- Select the Download Metadata button under Option 1: Download IdP metadata.
- Select Continue to go to the Service provider details page
- Enter the following details on the Service provider details page:
- ACS URL: https://brandfolder.com/organizations/orgslug/saml (replace orgslug with your company's value)
- Entity ID: https://brandfolder.com/organizations/orgslug/saml/metadata (replace org slug with your company’s value)
- Start URL: not needed
- Name ID format: EMAIL
- Name ID: Basic Information > Primary email (this should auto-populate)
- Select Continue to go to the Attribute mapping page.
- Enter the following details under the Attributes section.
- Google Directory attribute: First name → App attribute: first_name
- Google Directory attribute: Last name → App attribute: last_name
- Optional additional app attributes:
3. Select Finish.
4. This will take you to the application page. From here, select the User Access section.
5. Change the toggle to ON for everyone and select Save.
6. Send the file from step 5 in configuring Google SSO to firstname.lastname@example.org.