Brandfolder is designed to be intuitive and user friendly, requiring little to no training for end users. Below are some highlights of our user interface.
Don't limit yourself with folders. Brandfolder provides a modern, flat organization structure that is supplemented by a visually intuitive interface and sophisticated taxonomy.
- Sections are customizable categories to which each asset belongs. They are the broadest organization mechanism and are commonly used to separate assets by their category, type, or purpose.
- Pins are saved searches that appear beneath your Sections. Clicking a pin filters your Brandfolder down to only the assets that match the associated search query.
- Labels are an enhanced organization and findability feature meant to provide the peace of mind that comes with an organization's existing folder structure. Labels have a vertical, nested structure that is drawn and managed by admins.
- Collections are groups of related assets within a Brandfolder that can be shared with (or hidden from) specific users. Collections can be private or public.
By default, your Brandfolder is sorted by Position added. You can toggle your view to sort assets by:
- Name - Orders alphabetically
- Popularity - Popularity is the combined events each of your assets has associated with it, like views, downloads, shares and more. Sort by Popularity to discover new insights based on data-driven asset events.
- Updated - Orders according to update recency
- Created - Orders by original asset creation date
- Assets Per Section - Choose how many assets you'd like to view per page
- Custom Fields - Show custom fields associated with the assets
- Show Empty Section - If you have sections with no assets, you can hide them here.
- By default Brandfolder displays assets in thumbnail view, creating a visually intuitive approach to content discovery.
- On the thumbnail, you can see an asset preview, asset name, file type, if multiple files are included, and a selection box.
- Hovering over the asset surfaces offers quick edit and download buttons.
Brandfolder's list view optimizes space and consolidates critical asset information - including small previews, names, tags and file types - at a glance. Toggle to list view in the View Options menu
Sticky Sections and Pagination
- As you scroll through your Brandfolder, the currently viewable Section and Pages (if applicable) will stick to the top of your window.
- Within each Section, Brandfolder will automatically create a new page when your asset volume exceeds 32.
- Pagination helps speed up load times of large-scale Brandfolders, providing quick asset delivery in a manageable interface.
- Note the number of assets per page can be adjusted.
Bulk Action Toolbar
Batch updating is a must have for efficient asset management. Brandfolder supports the following bulk actions:
- Download - assets can be resized, converted, and downloaded in bulk. Hover over Download and click the Download Some button to try it out.
- Share - share any number of assets with a single share link. Share links can be viewed, edited, and deleted by admins.
- Add to Collection - add any number of assets from your Brandfolder to one, multiple, or all Collections.
- Merge - combine related or duplicate assets into a single asset container
- Tag - apply tags to multiple assets at a time, and manage commonly shared tags of selected assets in bulk
- Delete - delete any number of assets from your Brandfolder view. Admins can visit their /recover page to restore recently deleted files.
- Move - move assets into other Sections within your Brandfolder, or to other Brandfolders you have access to within your Organization
- Set Availability - apply Publish and Expiration dates, times, and timezones to control the viewability of your assets to end users.
- Approve Assets - admins with approver rights can bulk approve any number of pending assets