Bi-directionally sync assets in and out of Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign with our Advanced Adobe CC integration
Brandfolder's Advanced Adobe Creative Cloud integration enables bi-directional syncing between Brandfolder and Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign.
Designers can open image files and creative cloud documents (e.g. tiff, svg, jpg, png, psd, ai, indd), make changes, and save them back up to Brandfolder without ever leaving Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign. You can save files as new attachment versions, or upload as a new asset completely (giving it a name, description, and section).
The extension syncs and maintains links across all three apps. This means you can place an .ai file into several InDesign layouts, then if you make changes to that .ai file in Illustrator, the InDesign documents will automatically show an out-of-sync link and prompt you to update it.
Note: you will need a Brandfolder license that includes Advanced Adobe CC Integration seats, as well as an Adobe CC license to use this integration.
To get started with this integration, install the Brandfolder LinkrUI plugin:
1. Contact Brandfolder Support at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your plugin link and activation code.
2. Once you have installed the plugin, open up InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator. Go to Windows > Extensions > LinkrUI. You will now be prompted to log in using your Brandfolder API key.
3. Clicking the "Get your key here." link in the LinkrUI panel will take you to your Brandfolder API key. Or you can head to your profile and navigate to settings > integrations. Copy the API key for the relevant Brandfolder you are wishing to sync and paste into the panel input.
4. You will now see the available Brandfolders your user has access to. When you’re ready to open an asset, you can open or place the asset of your choosing. Placing it automatically opens the asset into the predefined art-board. Otherwise, opening the asset opens it up at its original resolution and size as a new tab in the CC app.
5. Work on your asset as you normally would. When you’re finished with edits, save them as usual.
6. You’ll notice a red triangle with an error icon appears on your asset thumbnail within the LinkrUI extension. Hover over the image, click the breadcrumb button, and then select update.
7. After selecting update, the edited asset will automatically sync back to Brandfolder as a new attachment version.
Note: CC documents like .psd, .ai, .indd will always let you save and update as a new a version. If working with other image files like .png or .jpg with layers, you must flatten the image to enable updating as a new version.
8. If you wish to upload an entirely new asset, save as per usual and locate the hamburger icon in the top right corner of your LinkrUI plugin.
9. Select upload new asset and a new asset will appear in Brandfolder.