Ingestions facilitated through SFTP benefits ingestion scenarios where data does not already reside in the cloud and when either:
- Regularly occurring ingestion will need to occur (i.e. daily updates).
- Data volumes are greater than what a user would upload via the Brandfolder UI (i.e. 500 files). The process will be facilitated by a member of the CX team providing access.
The current process allows configuration at the Brandfolder level. An FTP account is tied to a specific Brandfolder and Section. If multiple destination Brandfolders and Sections are needed, there will be multiple FTP accounts. During setup, the connection creator also has the ability to select which Collection the ingested assets get added to.
- Contact email@example.com to configure this feature for your plan.
- Navigate to Settings > Bulk Management.
- Select FTP Ingest and create a new connection.
- Input a username and password of your choosing. Do note the username can't include any special characters. From here, you can select the Section and Collection for import should that be necessary. Select Create FTP Ingest when all of the proper information has been filled out. We do not store passwords for FTP connections that are created so please make a record of them.
- Upon successful completion of creating credentials, you can now use those credentials to create a new connection from an FTP client of your choosing. Below is an example of a configuration through Cyber Duck. The server URL will be files.brandfolder.io.
- We advise against copying an entire hard drive into Brandfolder via FTP, rather a selection of desired content for migration to the cloud.
- Currently, the system cannot ingest files larger than 30GB.
- The service supports both SFTP protocol. Vanilla FTP is not allowed due to the insecure way in which the protocol transmits credentials and will not be enabled by default. Under special circumstances, this can be enabled if absolutely necessary but these accounts should have a limited lifespan.
- We will periodically cleanse files stored in this service so customers should not expect the files to be retained long after they’ve been ingested into Brandfolder.
If you have any questions about this feature please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.