The Canva integration empowers editable users to create custom content all while never having to leave the Brandfolder interface. When creating templates within Canva, users also have the option to leverage the Brandfolder app to easily place brand-specific assets that live in Brandfolder within their Canva creations.
Creating a Canva Template within Brandfolder
- Reach out to email@example.com to enable Canva on your account.
- When you have the Canva integration enabled on your account, select Create new Asset.
- The create new asset modal will appear, select Canva Design.
- From here, you can select the type of content you would like to be added to your Brandfolder. This includes content types such as business cards, flyers, brochures, and much more.
- Upon selecting the content type you will then be redirected to Canva. Add your Canva specific credentials.
- Navigate to the particular content item it is you are looking to edit. After making the appropriate edits, select Save to Brandfolder in the upper right-hand corner.
- Upon successful upload, the asset will then become available to your end-users to view, download, and share.
Adding Brandfolder Assets to Canva Templates
1. Once the app has been enabled, within your template select More on the bottom right-hand corner of the panel, search for the Brandfolder app, and select.
2. You will then be prompted to Connect to your Brandfolder account. Input your user-specific API key found here.
3. Your Brandfolder content will appear in the sidebar menu. Your Brandfolders and Collections will show up in a folder-like structure. Select the desired Brandfolder or Collection you wish to choose an asset from.
4. After navigating to your desired asset you can use the drag and drop function to place the file into the template or click the asset you want to be placed in the center of the document. The asset can then be scaled or repositioned to your liking.
If you have any questions about the Canva integration please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.