Brandfolder's Advanced Sitecore integration allows Sitecore CMS admins to sync Brandfolder assets, custom fields, and other metadata into Sitecore's CMS application. You can sync your entire Brandfolder, or a filtered amount of assets based on sections, labels, tags, or collections. The sync can be run on demand, and will add your up-to-date Brandfolder assets as available media in the Sitecore Media Library folder tree. Asset details will also be synched, viewable, and usable including CDN URLs, thumbnail previews, file properties, labels, tags, and embedded metadata. Do note: the only information that is searchable is asset and attachment name. Your assets can be navigated, searched, previewed, and published to Sitecore pages either through the Sitecore Content Editor or the Experience Editor.
To initiate the configuration of the integration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once the integration has been configured, complete the following steps:
- Navigate the folder structure of Sitecore by going Systems > Modules > Brandfolder Account.
- Input your Brandfolder API key and select save. Your unique API Key can be found here.
- By default Brandfolder's Smart CDN URLs are used when publishing assets to webpages, enabling attachment version updates made in your Brandfolder to automatically propagate out to your website. If you want to utilize Sitecore internal URLs instead, you can disable this setting by unchecking Use CDN for Images and Use CDN for documents and select save.
Adding Brandfolder Assets to Sitecore
1. Navigate to Media Library. Right click on Media Library, hover over insert, and select Brandfolder Media.
2. A new modal will appear for you to name the new item. Type in a name and select OK.
3. Then you will be prompted to set up filters. The filters are used to help narrow down the assets that are pulled into Sitecore from your Brandfolder. You can sync your entire Brandfolder, or a filtered amount of assets based on sections, labels, tags, or collections. Filters include:
4. Once complete click sync towards the top of the screen. Content will then be brought into Sitecore from Brandfolder.
5. On the left hand side you will find the log file of the assets that you filtered into Sitecore.
- If assets are not approved or are expired they will not be downloaded into Sitecore. A report can be generated in Sitecore that informs you if an asset was deleted or expired in Brandfolder and it was published on your website. Click on the report button to view the report.
- The metadata from Brandfolder assets will be pulled into Sitecore. You can find the metadata fields within the Metadata area. They can be used by content editors and developers.
Creating Mapping Containers for Custom Fields
1. Navigate to Sitecore folders by going to System > Modules > Brandfolder Account > Mappings Container.
2. Right click on Mappings Container, hover over Insert, and select Mapping Field.
3. A new modal will appear for you to name the new item. Type in a name and select OK.
4. Fill out the Data area and click save.
- Sitecore field = Sitecore item name.
- Brandfolder field = the key name for the custom field.
5. Complete the steps from Adding Brandfolder Assets to Sitecore section. Then the custom field information will show up in the image section of the content. To see the various key and value pairs click on the dropdown in the top right hand corner.
Syncing Brandfolder Assets in Sitecore
Once you have added Brandfolder assets to Sitecore you will need to sync the items periodically so that any changes to your assets in Brandfolder are reflected in Sitecore. There are two ways you can do this.
1. Click on the sync button within the folder that you created in the Media Library.
1. Navigate the Sitecore folders by going to System > Tasks > Schedules. Right click on schedules, hover over insert and select schedule.
2. A new modal will appear, type in the name of your schedule and select OK.
3. Fill out the necessary data:
- Command: Select Brandfolder > BrandfolderSync.
- Items: this comes from the item path associated with the folder you created in the media library.
- Schedule: create using the Sitecore format. Please refer for Sitecore documentation if you have questions.
Adding Brandfolder Assets to your Sitecore Content:
Brandfolder assets can be added to Sitecore through the editor and experience editor. Brandfolder assets can be uploaded through Sitecore's two types of fields, images and rich text.
1. To select a Brandfolder asset, in the image area click, browse and navigate to the log file of assets you uploaded.
2. You can also use the text area to upload an asset. Click show editor and either use the HTML editor or the buttons across the top of the rich text editor modal. Once you select the assets, click accept.
3. In the top left hand corner click save, then publish.
- Expired and unapproved assets will appear with the message file not found.
- At this time searching is limited to the asset and attachment name.
- Sitecore does not take scaled images unless it is how the attachments are saved in Brandfolder.
If you have any questions about this integration please contact email@example.com.