Brandfolder's Getty Images integration automatically pushes images and metadata from your Getty Images account into your Brandfolder. The integration polls your Getty account on a preconfigured time interval, grabs any newly downloaded images, and automatically ingests them into a preconfigured Brandfolder section. Priority metadata on the images will be converted to custom fields on the associated Brandfolder assets. Getty keywords will also become Tags in Brandfolder. The integration will grab all historical data in your Getty account, pushing already existing image downloads to Brandfolder.
Please confirm with your Getty Images Representative that your premium access plan has DAM share rights with the ability to re-download via the API.
To set up the integration you will need to reach out to your Brandfolder point of contact or firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Brandfolder API Key and API Secret from Getty (you will work with Getty to purchase the connection/stock images).
- The Brandfolder and section you would like the images to import into.
- From what date should we start the Getty Image sync? (i.e. All assets with Getty, only sync assets that were downloaded after a certain point in time?).
- Frequency of sync (daily, weekly, custom?).
- If your organization has approvals turned on, clarify if you would like the integration user set up as an admin which will bypass the need for approval or as a collaborator which will put the assets in a pending state upon sync.
Once this information is shared with the Brandfolder team, our team will configure the integration.
When assets are sync’d into Brandfolder, this counts as one download per asset we import unless it was previously downloaded within Getty. This is important to note as Getty customers are restricted anywhere from 250-20,000 downloads per year depending on their agreement.