Users with Shopify and Brandfolder can access their Brandfolder assets within their Shopify store using the created Brandfolder App within the Shopify admin dashboard. The app allows users to quickly add assets to specific products and product variants.
Setting up the Integration
1. Sign in to the Shopify web store.
2. Select the Shopify store you are integrating with Brandfolder.
3. Navigate to the apps menu on the left-hand side of your dashboard. Once in apps click the customize your store option at the top right-hand corner of the screen. Search for the Brandfolder integration within the app store.
4. When you locate the Brandfolder application, click install app.
5. When prompted, input your API key. The API key can be found when you are logged into Brandfolder: https://brandfolder.com/profile#integrations
Navigating the Integration
1. Once the API key is submitted, Brandfolder content will appear. The integration panel allows you to navigate your content just like you would within the Brandfolder by visiting the different levels of the Brandfolder hierarchy (Organizations, Brandfolders, and Collections).
2. Once you are at the Brandfolder or Collection level you have a few options to narrow down your content.
- You are able to filter by section by clicking on the arrow accordion to the left of the show attachments toggle.
- You can filter by custom fields, tags, etc by clicking on the filters button to the left of the search bar.
- You can find assets by inputting search syntaxes into the search bar. Various search syntaxes are outlined in the Searching in Brandfolder Knowledge Base article.
- You can view asset details by hovering over the asset, clicking the ellipses, and selecting view asset details.
3. Once you locate the asset you want to use, hover over the asset and select place.
4. A new modal will appear which will prompt you to confirm the asset you are adding to Brandfolder. Confirm the file by clicking the select product(s) button.
5. A new modal will appear that contains a Resource Picker. You can search through your products and select the product you wish to update using the checkboxes. Once the products are selected click the add button. Do note: If the product has variants, the Resource Picker will also select the different variants automatically to update the entire product.
6. A final modal will appear that confirms the product you are updating as well as the Brandfolder asset. Click on the confirm button.
If you have questions about the integration and its setup, reach out to email@example.com.