The Google Chrome extension brings Brandfolder's tools to users across the web to an infinite number of web-based applications. By installing the extension from the Chrome Web Store a user is able to sync their Brandfolder assets to the extension and share images directly into commonly used sites via an interface similar to Brandfolder's other extensions.
Downloading the Extension
- Navigate to the Brandfolder extension in the Chrome Web Store.
- Click on the Add to Chrome button in the top right-hand corner.
- A new window will appear stating Add "Brandfolder"?, select Add extension.
- A pop will appear in the right-hand corner letting you know that the Brandfolder extension has been added to your Chrome.
Navigating the Extension
1. Click on the Brandfolder icon in the Extension bar.
2. If this is your first time using the plugin you will need to put in your API key to access your assets. Your unique API key can be found here.
3. Your Brandfolder content will appear. The integration panel allows you to navigate your content just like you would within the Brandfolder by visiting the different levels of the Brandfolder hierarchy (Organizations, Brandfolders, and Collections).
3. Once you are at the Brandfolder or Collection level you have a few options to narrow down your content.
- You can search for assets by inputting different search syntaxes into the search bar. Various search syntaxes are outlined in the Searching in Brandfolder Knowledge Base article.
- You can click on the pin icon in the search bar to utilize pinned searches.
- You can filter by asset status, tags, file types, custom fields, orientation, SKU, and upload date by clicking on the filter button below the search bar.
- You can search by labels by clicking on the label button next to the Filter button.
- You are able to filter by section or collection by clicking on the arrow accordion to the left of All Sections or Collections.
4. You can view asset details by hovering over the asset, clicking the ellipses, and selecting view asset details.
5. From this view scroll to the bottom and click on the actual attachment.
6. This will open a new area. Click on the More Options button to adjust the width and height, copy the image, crop the image or copy the CDN Embed Link.
Utilizing Brandfolder Assets
Once you have located the proper assets you have a few options for utilizing the assets that are dependent on the site.
Drag and Drop
- Hover over the asset and select View Asset Details from the ellipses menu.
- The asset will appear at the top of the extension. Click on the asset and drag and drop it into the site you are on.
Download and Grab from Chrome Bar
Hover over the asset and select View Asset Details from the ellipses menu.
If the asset is already the size and format you need then you can select Download Attachments
Copy from the Extension
If you want to make adjustments to the size of the asset, complete the following steps:
1. Hover over the asset, click on the ellipses, select view asset details.
2. Scroll to the bottom and click on the attachment image.
3. This will open a new area. Click on the More Options button to adjust the width and height, copy the image, or crop the image.
If you have any questions about the Chrome extension please reach out to email@example.com.