3D files are the fastest-growing file type requiring asset management features such as storage, resizing/renditions, previewing, and adding custom metadata. Brandfolder's RapidCompact 3D Integration makes 3D asset support seamless. RapidCompact is a SaaS tool for optimizing, automating and converting 3D assets. To utilize this integration in Brandfolder you first must have a RapidCompact subscription.
Setting up the Integration
Reach out to email@example.com to establish the RapidCompact connection. Be sure to include the following:
- API key (generate token name) from RapidCompact.
- The slug for your Brandfolder.
- The name of the section that the GLB files are housed in and will be pulled from.
- The Brandfolder section name to push the optimizations to after being passed through RapidCompact.
- Preset optimization ID numbers to be applied to files. This can be found in the URL or RapidCompact. Preset optimizations can be set up for items like shadows, rendered width, and polygons.
Once the integration connection has been established you will want to complete the following steps:
1. Upload the assets into the section that you have designated for 3D files. The following file types are supported:
- glTF (.gltf and .glb)
Formats that reference external files (such as OBJ) must be uploaded as a .ZIP file. In order to load the external files correctly, care should be taken to ensure that the paths to external files are relative. Enterprise plans can also process models in CAD formats like STEP, JT and IGES.
Once the asset is uploaded it will automatically be assigned a 3D tag.
2. Wait for the asset to be fully processed and thumb-nailed. Make sure the asset(s) are in an approved state otherwise they will not be pushed to RapidCompact.
3. Refresh your Brandfolder and open your new asset in your optimization section.
4. Copy the Embed URL link from the description of the asset.
5. Paste into browser to open the 3D rotator. The rotator will allow rotation, zoom in and out, as well as animations if supported.
Upon asset upload, the following custom field data that will be pulled in:
- Embed Link
If you want a limit place on the custom field data being returned or if you want the custom fields added to the first GLB file to then pass on to optimizations reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.