Brandfolder’s integration for Salesforce Marketing Cloud allows users to quickly find and easily use assets from Brandfolder to build impactful, on-brand, and always up-to-date marketing content in Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s Content Builder. The integration allows you to quickly find the assets you’re looking for using Brandfolder’s best-in-class AI-augmented search and advanced filter logic.
The Brandfolder package is available for any of the content types within Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Setting up the Integration
Please reach out to your designated Brandfolder representative or Brandfolder support at email@example.com.
Navigating the Integration
1. On your landing page navigate to the content builder.
2. Once in the content builder you can either choose to edit previously created content or create new content. In this example, we will create a new email template by navigating to the Create button in the top right-hand corner. Select the email template, from existing template. Choose one of the existing templates.
3. Once you are within the template, select a Brandfolder custom block by clicking on the Brandfolder button under the custom section.
- This will open the Brandfolder Panel UI.
- Users can then connect to their Brandfolder via API key.
- The API key can be found when you are logged into Brandfolder: https://brandfolder.com/profile#integrations
4. Once the API key is submitted, Brandfolder content will appear. The integration panel allows you to navigate your content just like you would within the Brandfolder by visiting the different levels of the Brandfolder hierarchy (Organizations, Brandfolders, and Collections).
- Once you are at the Brandfolder or Collection level you have a few options to narrow down your content.
Filter by custom fields, tags, etc. by clicking on the filter button to the left of the pin searches button.
- Utilize pin searches by clicking on the pin icon between the filter button and search bar.
Find assets by inputting search syntaxes into the search bar. Various search syntaxes are outlined in the Searching in Brandfolder Knowledge Base article.
Filter by section by clicking on the All Sections drop-down menu.
Search by labels by clicking on the labels button to the right of the All Sections drop-down menu.
Once you locate the assets you want to use, you will need to hover over the asset, select the kebob menu, and choose place.
- You will arrive at a new window in the Panel UI where you will have the opportunity to adjust the following:
- Image label (alt text)
- Image link
- Image width and height
- Crop Type
- Once final adjustments are made, click preview. Your preview will show up in the center pane.
- You are able to drag and drop the asset wherever you would like within your project.
5. Once you have finished adjusting the asset, and viewed the preview, select Done Editing.
This integration utilizes Brandfolder CDN. Updates to the image must be made before it is sent. Meaning if the asset is included in an email, updates must be made before they are sent to your email list. If your account does not include CDN then it will utilize thumbnail URLs.