Brandfolder's Salsify integration streamlines the movement of product images and product data between your DAM (Brandfolder) and Salsify, your Product Information Management (PIM). The integration automatically syncs assets from Brandfolder to Salsify Products so that users no longer need to waste time manually downloading and uploading assets to their PIM. The integration also sends product data (fields) back from Salsify to Brandfolder so that Brandfolder is maintained as your single source of truth and so all data is searchable within the DAM.
Setting up the Integration
In order to set up your integration you will need to reach out to either firstname.lastname@example.org or your main Brandfolder contact with the following information.
- Login credentials to your Salsify account.
- A list of properties that you wish to sync from Salsify products to Brandfolder assets' custom fields (i.e. item numbers, categories, product names)
- The property where Brandfolder assets should land. Do note: it is possible to have assets land in different Salsify properties based on a custom field value.
- The Brandfolder you want to sync.
- The custom field key you will use as the identifier (product ID) in order to link a Brandfolder asset to a Salsify product.
Navigating the Integration
Once the workflow configuration is created you will want to complete the following steps:
- Create a new product in Salsify or locate the product that you want to sync with Brandfolder.
- After the product is created or located in Salsify, grab the Product ID.
- Open the Brandfolder that you have configured with Salsify and upload a new asset.
- Once the asset has been uploaded, navigate to the custom field key, Product ID and add the number that you pulled from Salsify as the custom field key. This will initiate the sync between Brandfolder and Salsify.
- Navigate to the product in Salsify. You will now see the Brandfolder asset appear as the new image for the Product.
- In Brandfolder you will see certain custom fields that were pre-built populate on the asset.
Notes on the Sync
Brandfolder to Salsify
Brandfolder is the source of truth for attachments. If an attachment is renamed or replaced in Brandfolder, the change will be reflected in Salsify.
Attachments deleted from Brandfolder will not be deleted in Salsify.
Salsify to Brandfolder
Salsify is the source of truth for custom field data. Since all data comes from Salsify, if a user tries to update one of the synced fields from Brandfolder, it will automatically change back to the value that’s in Salsify. Therefore, all updates to synced custom fields need to be made in Salsify in order for them to reflect in Brandfolder.