Please visit Duplicate Content Automation projects in the Smartsheet Help Center. Starting December 29, 2023 the Brandfolder Knowledge Base will only live on Smartsheet Help.
This article applies to the following Content Automation permission levels:
|| ✅ Designer
What does it mean to duplicate a project?
Duplicating a project allows you to make a carbon copy of it and all its contained documents inside a brand-new project.
Duplicating a project is handy if there are a collection of documents within a project that you (or your team) frequently access or if there is yet to be a project kit currently containing all your desired documents. It also prevents:
a) Users accidentally edit over the top of an existing document.
b Users from having to continuously re-add documents from the Template Library.
How to duplicate a project
- Select the project that you'd like to duplicate.
- Once inside the project, select the Settings tab at the top of the screen.
- In the Project Settings, scroll down to the section titled Duplicate Project.
- In this section, give the duplicate a unique name to differentiate it from the original project.
- Choose which team you would like to assign the duplicate project to.
- Select the green Duplicate button.
- The duplicate project will now appear in the Projects screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why aren't all of the original document's contents transferred to the new document?
Some data from the original document may be unique or restricted to a particular user or team and, therefore, can not be carried over to the duplicate document.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful