This article applies to the following Content Automation permission levels:
|❌ Contributor||✅ Author||✅ Designer||✅ Admin|
Document: Documents can be created by users from their available suite of templates. Documents are the individual pieces of collateral that live inside a project folder e.g. brochures, web ads, signage, business cards, social media tiles, etc. These documents can be edited based on the inputs available in that template. Documents may or may not require approval to be exported and downloaded, shared, or printed.
Input: An input is a globally accessible tag that gives authors the ability to populate a document with content. There are various types of inputs that can be utilized to help make documents as customizable, or as stringent as necessary. Inputs come in different types which are appropriate for different forms of content.
How to add comments to documents
- You can only add comments inside a document when you're editing the document. From the edit screen, click the speech bubble icon next to Inputs.
- This will then switch you from the Inputs view to the Conversation view. Inside the Conversation view, you will find current comments added by other users (if there are any) and will have the ability to interact with these comments or add new ones.
- To add a comment, simply select the Write a comment editor and type in your comment. You can choose to tag a certain input that you may be referring to or assign the comment to a user. Assigning a comment to a user ensures that they will be notified about your comment.
- Click Send once you're happy with the comment, assigned it to the user, and/or tagged an input.
- You can also view and add input-specific comments by editing the input and selecting the speech bubble. Input-specific comments will have a blue input labeled tag under it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of notifications does the user I assign the comment receives?
The user that you assigned the comment to or started a conversation with will be notified via email and via the in-app notification tab on the top right-hand corner of your screen.