Please visit Add comments to documents in the Smartsheet Help Center. Starting December 29, 2023 the Brandfolder Knowledge Base will only live on Smartsheet Help.
This article applies to the following Content Automation permission levels:
|❌ Contributor||✅ Author||✅ Designer||✅ Admin|
How to add comments to documents
- You can only add comments inside a document when you're editing it. From the edit screen, select the speech bubble icon next to Inputs.
- Doing so will switch you from the Inputs view to the Conversation view. Inside the Conversation view, you will find current comments added by other users (if there are any) and will have the ability to interact with these comments or add new ones.
- Select the Write a comment editor and type in your comment to add a comment. You can tag a specific input you may be referring to or assign the comment to a user. Assigning a comment to a user ensures they will be notified about your comment.
- Select Send once you're happy with the comment, assigned it to the user, and tagged an input.
- You can also view and add input-specific comments by editing the input and selecting the speech bubble. Input-specific comments will have a blue input labeled tag under it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of notifications does the user I assign the comment receives?
The user you assigned the comment to or started a conversation with will be notified via email and the in-app notification tab on the top right-hand corner of your screen.