This article applies to the following Content Automation permission levels:
Content Automation Asset: Image resources that can be uploaded into Content Automation templates. This may include logos, social media graphics, illustrations, photography etc.
Content Automation Asset Library: The Asset Library is a central repository for all the images, logos and icons used in your documents.
Content Automation Template: Templates are files that act as a starting point when creating documents. Templates contain pre-formatted elements to help you design your collateral according to your brand's style guidelines. Each template is populated with and controlled by a number of Inputs that allow users to edit the document's content.
Document: Documents can be created by users from their available suite of templates. Documents are the individual pieces of collateral that live inside a project folder e.g. brochures, web ads, signage, business cards, social media tiles etc. These documents can be edited based on the inputs available in that template. Documents may or may not require approval in order to be exported and downloaded, shared or printed.
Content Automation Tag: Tags are labels you create to meaningfully group teams so that you can efficiently manage the content they have access to.
How to upload an image
First, navigate to the Asset library (you can do this by selecting Assets in the left panel or by selecting Replace image while editing a document).
Accessing assets via the Assets navigation:
Accessing assets by clicking Replace image during editing:
- Depending on how your account is set up, you will have a library called Your images (images only visible to yourself), a Team Library (images available to the team(s) you are assigned to), and/or a library for your brand’s images (images available to everyone in your organization). Select the library you wish to upload the image(s) to.
Do note if the Upload button does not appear when you select a library, it means that you are not able to upload images to that specific library.
In the following image, the Outfit Adventures library is selected. Any images uploaded will therefore live inside this library.
- Select the Upload button.
- You can either drag and drop images into the grey space, select the grey box, or paste an image URL.
- Add any relevant tags. Adding tags will allow you search for the image easily.
- Select Upload to upload the image/s.
- Your images will be ready to use in Content Automation templates!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I unable to upload an image to the Content Automation Asset Library?
If you are unable to upload an image to your Asset Library, it is because the setting that allows asset uploads has been disabled for your account. Only account administrators have the ability to enable users to upload assets.
Why am I unable to upload an image to the document I am working on?
Some templates allow users to upload or replace images on templates. However, some templates do not allow users to change template images to ensure that all collateral produced in Content Automation is on-brand.