This article applies to the following Content Automation permission levels:
|❌ Contributor||❌ Author||❌ Designer||✅ Admin|
Document: Documents can be created by users from their available suite of templates. These documents can then have their content edited based on the Inputs that are available in that template. The starting point for a document's content is the template's default content. An admin can limit users' access to only certain variations of a template.
Content Automation Template: Content Automation Templates are files that act as a starting point when creating documents. They contain pre-formatted elements to help you design your collateral according to your brand's style guidelines. Each Content Automation Template is populated with and controlled by a number of Inputs that allow users to edit the document's content.
How to invite a new Content Automation User
Navigate to the Users and Teams page from the main menu, and select the Users tab.
Select Create User.
Fill out the user’s name and email address.
- Assign the appropriate user role. Authors are content authors who only have access to projects and documents; Designers have access to creating templates and Admins have access to everything.
You can also determine if authors are exported restricted. After making changes to a document, exported restricted authors will need to request approval before exporting.
- Add any teams the new user will be a part of. If they are an author, they will not be able to access or create Projects or Documents until they are a member of a team.
If you don’t want the new user to have access to Content Automation just yet, uncheck Send invitation on creation. You can send (or resend) an invitation from the Users page at a later date.
- Select Create.
How to bulk-invite new Content Automation Users
You can use the Bulk Create feature to add many users at once.
- From the Users page, select Bulk Create User.
- Follow the page instructions to upload a CSV with the required user information, matching the format in the example, and select Next.
- Confirm the imported user information, and make any changes if required.
Select Create & Invite to finish the import. Alternatively, uncheck Send invitation on creation and click Create if you want to invite the users at a later date.
How to remove a Content Automation User
You can remove any user from the Users page by searching for their name and selecting the Remove button.
Deleting a user will not delete their projects or documents so team members can still access them unless they are set to private. It is recommended that any documents are re-assigned prior to deleting a user.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a user be a member of multiple teams?
Yes, there is no limit on the number of teams a member can belong to.