The Brandfolder Plugin for Adobe Creative Cloud enables designers to drag and drop Brandfolder assets directly into InDesign, Illustrator, or Photoshop, without having to leave the Adobe application.
Note: These plugins are add-on features. If you would like to add them to your Brandfolder subscription, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adobe InDesign & Illustrator
Click on the installation package to start your system’s installer.
Depending on your security preferences, you may have to click “OK” on a security pop-up.
- Follow the prompts on your system’s installer.
Open Adobe InDesign / Illustrator. (If the application was already open, you’ll need to close it and open it back up.)
- Navigate to Window, then click on Brandfolder. This will open the Brandfolder plugin.
- Sign into Brandfolder with your Brandfolder credentials.
- Voila! Your Brandfolder assets are ready to be utilized straight from Adobe InDesign / Illustrator.
If you’re having trouble starting the installer on a Mac, press Control as you click on the installation package, and click “Open.” Then, click “Open” one last time on the security pop-up.
2. Install either ExtensionManager (http://install.anastasiy.com/) or ZXPInstaller (http://zxpinstaller.com/) and open up the application. (You may need to update your security settings to open up the application. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere)
3. Using ExtensionManager or ZXPInstaller, you can now install the Brandfolder plugin by clicking “Install” on the top left, and selecting the Brandfolder for Adobe Photoshop.zxp file.
4. Open Adobe Photoshop. (If the application was already open you'll need to close it and open in back up.)
5. Navigate to Window > Extensions and click on “Brandfolder”. This will open the Brandfolder plugin.
6. Sign into Brandfolder with your Brandfolder credentials.
7. Voila! Your Brandfolder assets are ready to be utilized straight from Adobe Photoshop.